Ear Wax Removal
Ear wax coats and protects the inside of your ears. It is produced by glands in the outer part of the ear canal. It has a protective purpose to trap dust and other small particles and prevent them from potentially damaging the eardrum. The amount of ear wax produced is varied from person to person and usually migrates out of the ear its own. Ear wax can become a problem if there is an excessive build up due to very narrow or abnormally shaped ear canals, frequent use of earplugs, cleaning ears with cotton buds or for other unknown reasons. If the ear wax becomes impacted against the ear drum, it can even be painful.
Syptoms of ear wax blockage:
- Impaired hearing, ear pain or dizziness
- Itchiness and irritation in the ears or ear canal
- A full sensation, or pressure in the ear
- Sudden hearing loss after swimming or showering
- Mild tinnitus
Why you will benefit from professional ear wax removal
- The skin on the lining of the ear canal is very delicate and can easily be damaged.
- It is not advisable that you attempt to remove ear wax at home by the use of cotton buds. This generally pushes it further towards the ear drum and can cause even more problems, making it more difficult to remove.
- We never advise the use of Hopi ear candles which give false perceptions of wax removal and are dangerous as you cannot see what you are doing.
Our Ear Wax Removal Service
At Integrate Hearing, we are trained in the established water irrigation method of ear cleaning as well as the latest technique of microsuction. We will be happy to advise you on which method will be most suitable for you and we will fully explain the pros and cons of both methods.
This method uses water which is carefully warmed to body temperature and gentl y sprayed into the ear in spiral stream water wax. A cup is held underneath the ear throughout the process to catch any wax and water. The irrigation may need to be repeated a couple of times to completely remove the wax.
This removal process is safe, thorough and is particularly recommendable for smaller ear canals and for those who may have suffered problems with their ears such as ear drum perforation where irrigation is not suitable. Unlike methods using water the use of ear wax softening drops is not always necessary prior to procedure and in most cases the procedure is pretty straight forward and the wax can be removed within minutes.
Microsuction Ear Wax Removal Procedure:
- You will be asked a few questions about your ear health, perforations of the eardrum and any previous experience you have had with the procedure.
- We will examine your ears to confirm that there is ear wax present.
- We will then explain the procedure in detail so that you understand what will take place.
- Ear wax will be removed using the Microsuction (the process can take from 5 to 20 minutes depending on the amount and position of the wax)
- Once the ear wax is removed we will again check the ear canal to make sure it is clear and healthy.
Ear Wax Removal Prices
Please find our ear wax removal prices below:
- £70 for one or two ears *
- Minimum charge is £30 for ear examination where there is no wax present due.
Additional call out charge may apply depending on location
For professional and safe removal of ear wax by our experienced audiologist, please contact us at our Stockport clinic to book your appointment on 0161 706 0067.
We offer all aspects of hearing care in the North West of England & Wales including Stockport, Wrexham & Runcorn. Whether it be wax removal, hearing protection, music devices, hearing tests or tinnitus rehabilitation, we can help.
For more information about our services or even for just a general chat regarding your hearing health, please do get in touch.
We offer a range of hearing products to suit all needs and budgets
As a completely independent business we are able to offer a large choice of hearing aids from a range of technologies and styles.
Hearing protection is essential if you are repeatedly exposed to loud sounds occurring because of occupational or recreational activity.
I would like to thank Olivia for her home visit to remove wax from my mother’s ears today. She was fantastically reassuring, professional, courteous and patient. Every step of the process was carefully explained and she was meticulous in her safety procedures. I would not hesitate to recommend Olivia to anyone needing any audiology services.
Visited Olivia today at Cheadle for ear wax removal. I was very impressed with her professionalism and friendliness which I feel would put even a nervous patient quickly at ease. The treatment was trouble free and pain free and reached a successful outcome with complete removal of the wax. I would not hesitate to recommend Olivia to any potential patients.
After having microsuction, I discussed the possibility of a hearing aid from Olivia after having problems with my NHS aid. At each appointment I found Olivia very thorough and professional. She was careful to ensure that I had exactly the right fit and that I was happy with it. She was helpful, pleasant and made me feel relaxed. I am very happy with my new neat hearing aid. Thanks Olivia!